LJH COVID-19 Policy - August 2021
LJ Hooker COVID-19 Advice for the General Public - Updated August 2021
The Coronavirus epidemic has affected everyone, but at LJ Hooker we’ve implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of our staff and clients during the 7 day Lockdown imposed in the ACT from 5pm 12th
In relation to the Real Estate Industry the ACT Government has imposed the following restrictions
Therefore, we have introduced the following in relation to business operations.
- In person inspections not permitted. Online inspections are permitted
- Closed. Online auctions are permitted.
Our office will be closed but all our staff will be working from home and all normal services will be provided with Covid safe policies in place. Our normal switchboard line will be diverted to a staff member to provide assistance with any enquires.
All property inspections will need to be conducted on line – contact our Sales staff or Property Managers to arrange a virtual Inspection. All Staff contact details are available on our website. https://kippax.ljhooker.com.au/our-team
If your sale or purchase is settling during lockdown
- All LJ Hooker Auctions that were scheduled to occur onsite will now be live streamed.
- Buyers can opt to register on-line or contact one of our staff to arrange your registration
- Buyers can watch the Live Steam and bid over the phone with the assistance of an LJ Hooker representative
Routine rental property inspections
- We’ve been advised that the Legal system will still be operating and therefore settlements will be still going ahead. Please contact your sales agent for the collection or delivery of keys.
- Pre settlement inspections will need to done virtually. Your Sales agent will make arrangements for a virtual walk through prior to settlement.
Ingoing Inspections and Final Inspections – rentals
- Your Property Manager will conduct any inspections virtually. Your Property Manager will be in touch to organise if you have an inspection scheduled
Repairs and Maintenance on Rental property
- In going reports will be emailed to tenants and arrangements for key collection will be facilitated by your Property Manager
- Vacating Inspections will conducted when the property is vacant
- Keys are to be returned by arrangement with your Property Manager
- Repairs and maintenance will be ‘business as usual’. Either log your repair online , email or phone your property manager to arrange repairs. In some instances, there may be some delays due to restrictions. Your Property Manager will be able to provide specific advice.
We have also implemented many ‘work from home’ policies for our staff to minimise the risk to their health and safety. In the event you need to meet with one of our staff, it will be done virtually. However, in the event you need to meet in person our staff member will adhere to all COVID safe practices. Our staff understand the importance of looking after themselves and their families first. However, at LJ Hooker we are committed to continuing to service our clients in the safest possible manner and to ensure we still achieve the best possible results for our clients
In uncertain times, it’s good to deal with someone you know.